Letter: More collaboration to improve town
To the Editor:
My name is Dawn Cantafio and I am running for Trumbull Town Council, District 1.
Twenty five years ago, my husband, Timothy and I purchased our first home together here in Trumbull. From 1988 to today, we still believe that Trumbull is a strong community with a great education system, with good home values and I would like to see this progress continue.
We were fortunate to raise two children, both who have graduated from the Trumbull Public School System. Over the past 18 years, I have been involved in numerous volunteer opportunities in Trumbull. First, helping out at the school level with various programs and being a part of the town wide PTA. I have also served on the Trumbull Board of Education, Policy Advisory Committee and for the past four years I have chaired this committee.
If elected I would like residents to know some of the areas that I believe are important to continue economic growth in our community:
• Financial responsibility and transparency in all processes in our town.
• Support improvements for the quality of education for our youngest residents.
• Advocate for reasonable sewer fees.
• Build bridges with other local communities.
• Invest to expand services and facilities for our senior citizens.
I would also like to see more collaborative work done to improve our town. I am fortunate to be a member of the Martha Jankovic-Mark Democratic ticket.
Dawn Cantafio, Democrat District 1