Letter: Comforting to know we are in good hands
To the Editor:
This past New Year's Day, at around noontime, the carbon monoxide detector sounded-off in our house. Within minutes, the local Trumbull Fire Department arrived to check on the cause of the problem. (Fortunately, it was just an equipment malfunction). But very shortly after that, the Trumbull Police and the Trumbull EMS also came by to make sure that none of us had been sickened by a carbon monoxide leak.
We were truly impressed with the amazing speed at which these services responded, especially on a national holiday like New Year's Day, no less! And we are grateful for their professionalism, as well.
So to everyone who responded, we say thank you very much. It's really comforting to know that we are in good hands.
Mary and Frank Di Maria