Vehicle Parking Permits now available at Trumbull Parks and Rec. Department

Vehicle Parking Permits for the 2017 season are now available in the Parks and Recreation Department.

While entrance to all Trumbull Parks is open to the public, parking within the parks requires a Vehicle Parking Permit. In accordance with the Parks and Recreation Commission regulations, 2017 Vehicle Parking Permits shall be issued to Trumbull town residents at no cost. (Vehicle registration will serve as proof of residency). Non-Resident Parking Permits may be purchased for a fee of $112.

If your current vehicle registration does not reflect the Town of Trumbull as the tax town, you must present proof of residency. See below for acceptable documentation. The Parks and Recreation Department will change your registration and submit it to the DMV for you.

Vehicle Parking Permits are available at the Parks and Recreation Department office at 5892 Main St., Monday-Friday from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Applicants must present a Connecticut driver’s license and a valid motor vehicle registration for private passenger and/or combination vehicles. Commercial vehicles are excluded from Trumbull Parks by Town Ordinance.

If you cannot get to the office during regular business hours, mail a copy of your car registration and license with a self-addressed stamped envelope and you will receive a permit by mail. Include your name, address, email address and daytime phone number.

As of May 15, 2017, any vehicle not having a displayed Vehicle Parking sticker will be subject to a $25 violation.

Entrance to the town swimming pools will still require the display of a driver’s license or other valid government issued photo ID evidencing residency in Trumbull.

Acceptable proof of Trumbull residency for 2017 parking permits — Current CT driver’s license to Trumbull address and current vehicle registration to Trumbull address.

If the above does not apply, then two documents from below must be provided. Additional information may be required. All documentation must be in the same name and address of the applicant.

Minimum of two items

  • Residential lease in applicant’s name

  • Current residential property tax bill

  • Utility bill

  • Credit card statement

  • Checking account statement

If your current license has the change of address sticker on the back and/or your registration has been updated by crossing out the ‘old’ address, you will also need to present one of the supporting documents from the list above.