Trumbull 'Businesses in Bloom' recognized
Eleven businesses, ranging from an artisan organic coffee brewer to a surgical products provider, were awarded recently for opening in, expanding, relocating and beautifying Trumbull.
The Trumbull Chamber of Commerce, an affiliate of the Bridgeport Regional Business Council, partnered with the Trumbull Economic & Community Development Commission to present the sixth annual Business in Bloom Awards.
“The Business in Bloom winners this year all have made significant contributions to the Town of Trumbull by investing in their various businesses,” said Trumbull Chamber of Commerce Chairman Kathleen Eigenrauch of TD Bank. “Their faith in our community reinforces the fact that Trumbull is not only a great place to live but to do business as well.”
The 2013 Business in Bloom Awards were presented at a Business After Hours event held at the Trumbull Marriott last month. After an introduction and welcome from Trumbull First Selectman Timothy Herbst, award winners were introduced at the Business After Hours by Eigenrauch and Trumbull Economic & Community Development Commission Chairman, Scott Wich, of Clifton, Budd & DeMaria.
“We are fortunate that so many quality businesses have picked our town as the place to establish themselves and grow,” Wich said. “We were pleased to once again join with the Trumbull Chamber of Commerce in recognizing some of the new businesses and expressing our appreciation to them for choosing Trumbull.”
The 2013 Business In Bloom Winners are listed below.
• Digital Realty located on Merritt Boulevard. It is described as a trusted data center solution provider for many of the world’s leading enterprises and have chosen Trumbull as one of their worldwide locations. The recent expansion project in Trumbull is part of the company’s pursuit of innovation.
• New Road Fitness and its association with St. Vincent’s Health Services represent a groundbreaking model in fitness and is Trumbull’s only medically integrated fitness center, according to the Chamber. Located on Monroe Turnpike, New Road Fitness offers their clients a personal exercise program designed to meet each individual’s needs. The center’s technology and equipment guides clients through their program and track their results recording important biometric markers such as weight, heart rate, blood pressure and body mass index. Tracking these markers allows for reevaluation and refinement of the program and provides clients and their physicians data driven evidence of improved health and fitness
• Serenity Body Wellness, which recently opened at 6515 Main St. has the philosophy “where life recedes, bodies relax, minds unfocus.” They offer a variety of spa services including massage, facials, infrared sauna treatments, chemical peels and reiki healing.
• The Medical Center of Fairfield County is a project of RD Scinto Inc. and recently celebrated a grand opening. This state-of-the-art four-story, 74,000 square foot facility offers modern technology and systems in a welcoming architecturally-pleasing setting.
• Books-A-Million was founded as a street corner newsstand in Florence, Alabama in 1917 and has grown to become the premier book retailing chain in the Southeastern United States and the second largest book retailer in the country. With the opening of Books-A-Million’s second Connecticut store in Trumbull, Westfield now has a book store again.
• Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf was born and brewed in southern California and is the largest privately held specialty tea and coffee retailer and have chosen Westfield Trumbull to be their first Connecticut location.
• Goldman Gruder & Woods, LLC was co-founded by Trumbull resident Michael Goldman in July 2012 with Trumbull native and long-time Trumbull resident Stephen Wright as the firm’s resident partner. Goldman Gruder & Woods offers a variety of services including real estate, litigation, bankruptcy, education and business and corporate law.
• Trumbull Smiles Family Dental opened on Hawley Lane in January 2013. They offer quality, affordable, personalized care and do their best to educate their patients to let them know what can be done in order to improve oral health and help them feel comfortable in the process. Some of their services include exams, X-rays, periodontal treatments, root canals, whitening, mouth guards, Invisalign and cleanings.
• OR Specialties is a leading distributor of surgical products and a service provider to hospitals, surgery centers, and doctor's offices. With headquarters in Trumbull, they also have strategically placed satellite offices throughout the tri-state area, in Rhode Island and Massachusetts. It describes its mission as improving the quality of health care by providing the highest quality customer service/support and cutting edge, high quality surgical products.
• Shearwater Coffee Roasters is a new business in Trumbull that will be brewing artisan organic coffees at their Technology Drive location. The business will be supplying coffee to area retailers and restaurants, but will also offer tastings at their facility.
• Trumbull Marriott has undergone a top to bottom renovation over the past few years with the most recent work being the revamping of the lobby, common areas and the opening of the Parallel Post restaurant which features local grown products and a farm-to-table menu. The Trumbull Marriott is not only a fabulous destination for travelers, according to the Chamber and commission, but continues to be an outstanding resource and destination for locals as well.
Trumbull businesses can find more information about the Trumbull Chamber of Commerce by contacting Executive Director Karen DelVecchio at 203-335-3800 or email@example.com and can find more information about Trumbull Economic Development by visiting www.trumbull-ct.gov.