Trumbull High School students honored at international conference
DECA chapter members from Trumbull High School earned the organization’s highest honors at DECA’s 68th annual International Career Development Conference in Atlanta, Georgia, May 3-7.
Justin Lynch received the “Yellow Medal,” which an award given for a top 10 score on the written exam. Justin competed in the Buying and Merchandising Decision Making Event.
Other students were recognized for earning overall placement in the top 20% within their respective categories at the international level. They include the following:
• Julianne Becker in Principles of Hospitality and Tourism Individual Series Event.
• Morgan Fried and Jacquelyn Sheehan in Hospitality Services TEAM Decision Making Event.
• Brittany Kubicko in Retail Merchandising Individual Series Event.
• Hannah Lillicraf in Apparel and Accessories Marketing Individual Series Event.
• Lynch and Matt Kappell in Buying and Merchandising TEAM Decision Making Event.
• Prithvi Mahesh in Quick Serve Restaurant Management Individual Series Event.
• Aleksandra Pirog in Automotive Services Marketing Individual Series Event.
DECA prepares emerging leaders and entrepreneurs for careers in marketing, finance, hospitality and management. The organization enhances preparation for college and careers by providing co-curricular programs that integrate into classroom instruction, apply learning, connect to business and promote competition. Student members leverage their DECA experience to become academically prepared, community oriented, professionally responsible and experienced leaders.
For more information on DECA, visit www.deca.org.