In this week's Times
Here are some of the stories and features in this week’s Times, out today:
• Find out how Facebook and a Trumbull resident helped save the GMO legislation.
• Group renews efforts to restore town to a seven-district Town Council; circulating petition.
• First Selectman Herbst slams Sen. Musto’s vote on bill to ban release of Sandy Hook information. Musto defends his decision. See our take on the issue in this week’s editorial.
• Police and fire news
• Planned medical facility is one of the biggest projects in town history, first selectman says. Find out more.
• Trumbull Green concert schedule.
• Stern Village looking for community partnerships.
• More than $121,000 raised for Austim project
• Sports: Cadets capture Class M Championship, Katie Foley breaks mark at New Englands, spring tournaments and more.
• Our letters to the editor address trash problem at town parks and Herbst’s condemnation of Musto’s vote.
• Meet this week’s Adopt-A-Pet
• Tickets on sale for this year’s Secret Midsummer Garden Tour.
• School news
• See local events in our Religious News section, Spotlight, and Library News.
In this week’s Section B:
• From dresses to decorating dream rooms: Decorator caters to ‘everyone
• Where to keep the best jewelry in your home.
• Backyard battlegrounds: Fighting unwanted wildlife.
• Retired couple from the Stratford Police Department is looking to bring customer service to home repair work.
• ‘Eye on the Storm’ opens with reception June 13.
• A different ‘side salad’ for summer barbecues from the Twice Baked Twins.
• Calendars, Motown, regional choir auditions, trains on display at Boothe Park, a review on the Chrysler 200 Limited and more.