In this week's Times
These are some of the stories and features you’ll find in this week’s Times, out today:
• Trumbull teacher among state’s top educators.
• Items were taken from a collection box intended for men and women serving in the U.S. Navy.
• Angels and Heroes: The Trumbull Police Benevolent Association and Long Hill Fire Company are organizing a fund-raiser in memory of Trumbull’s Kyleigh Leos.
• Local couple’s charity cycling ride, to support suicide prevention and erase stigma, is this weekend.
• Police news: Arrest in connection to January robbery; counterfeit bills; video game theft and gun-trafficking arrests.
• Fire Log
• Trumbull High grad joins the ranks of Greenwich Police.
• Photos from Saturday’s Fallen Heroes Memorial Tribute.
• Opinion: Letter writer says Stern Village resident’s claims are inaccurate; Rotary and Diocese say ‘thanks’ for support; and Town Council candidate gives reasons for joining the Herbst team.
• Measure you mood: Staff from Trumbull’s Mary J. Sherlach Counseling Center to provide depression screenings.
• Sports: Eagles defeat Black Knights and Cadets’ offense can’t be outquicked by rival.
• Fund-raiser dance to benefit Alzheimer’s Association.
• Trumbull Community Television schedule.
• Local churches are hosting a number of great events soon. See Religious News for more
• School briefs
• Corn maze opens at Plasko’s
• Meet Lennie, a cat who needs a home.
• Great local events this weekend — see Spotlight, Library and more.
In this week’s section B
• Keeping the guests in the moment — Tweeting and updating statuses? Maybe not …
• How to honor a deceased parent at a wedding.
• Parents’ first dance songs
• Wedding day food trucks serve up reception fun
• ‘Ralphie May and his BIG-Time Comedy’ coming to the Klein, arts calendars and more.