Volunteer fire department's Fire Log - Sept. 8-14

Sept. 8-14

The fire departments responded to a total of 17 calls in last week. These calls included the following: Two separate motor vehicle accidents involving a utility pole, a report of smoke in the area, a grease fire in an oven reported to be out, a motor vehicle accident involving a tree, a possible transformer fire, an unknown type odor in a house, a request to assist EMS with lifting and removing a patient from a house, a possible oven fire, an oil spill on the roadway from a motor vehicle, a carbon monoxide alarm activation with no symptoms.

In addition there were six fire alarms that turned out to be unintentional activations, and alarm malfunctions.

For information about the volunteer fire departments, visit each department’s website.

For information about becoming a volunteer, call 203-459-0159.

Long Hill Fire Department


At 12:25 hours on Sept. 14, the Long Hill Fire Department responded to a Bunker Hill Drive residence for a report of a grease fire in an oven, said to be out. The first arriving fire chief began to investigate the situation. Crews found no smoke or fire in the structure. Crews checked the oven and its surrounding area for any signs of hidden fire.

The situation was placed under control after the investigation was completed. Crews cleared the scene and returned to their quarters back in service.

Trumbull Center 

Fire Department


At 15:22 on Sept. 13, the Trumbull Center Fire Department responded to the intersection of Daniels Farm Road and Country Club Road for a reported motor vehicle accident involving a utility pole. The first arriving fire apparatus on scene reported a four car accident with one of the vehicles into a utility pole. Firefighters checked the vehicles for possible hazards. A fluid spill was found and firefighters applied speedy dry to the roadway. The Department of Energy and Environmental Protection was notified of the fluid spill. Crews stood by until the cars were removed from the accident scene.

Once complete, firefighters were released to return back to their quarters.