Trumbull volunteer fire department's Fire Log - April 21-27

April 21-27

The fire departments responded to a total of 15 calls in last week. These calls included the following: A mulch fire next to a structure, a brush fire close to a house, an illegal burn, an elevator entrapment, an unknown type of an odor in a house, a brush fire that spread to a shed, two separate mulch fires, a gas grill fire, a possible stove fire, and a motor vehicle accident fluid spill.

In addition there were four fire alarms that turned out to be unintentional activations, and alarm malfunctions.

For information about the volunteer fire departments, visit each department’s website.

For information about becoming a volunteer, call 203-459-0159.

Long Hill Fire Department

At 18:14 hours on April 21, the Long Hill Fire Department responded to a Main Street residence for a reported gas grill fire. While firefighters were responding they were advised that the grill was located on the deck attached to the house. Crews arrived on scene and reported a fire in the grease drip pan of the grill. Firefighters extinguished the small fire and removed the propane bottle from the grill. Crews advised the homeowner to not use the grill until it could be serviced.

Once the situation was placed under control, units were released and returned back to their stations.

Nichols Fire Department

At 18:50 hours on April 22, the Nichols Fire Department responded to the rear of a Nichols Avenue residence for a reported brush fire spreading to a shed. The first arriving fire officer reported the back of the shed had caught fire and the brush fire was spreading. Firefighters arrived and began to stretch hose lines to extinguish the fire. Firefighters overhauled the area to ensure the fire was completely out by thoroughly saturating the burned area. The Fire Marshal’s office was notified and responded to the incident to investigate the fire.

After picking up the hose lines used, crews were then released from the scene to return to their stations.

Trumbull Center 

Fire Department

At 21:41 on April 23, the Trumbull Center Fire Department responded to a Bailey Street residence for an activated fire alarm. The first arriving fire personnel on scene reported to incoming units that the alarm was set off due to steam from a shower. Firefighters checked the detector and advised the occupants to have the alarm serviced by a technician.

Once the investigation was complete, crews were then released from the scene to return to quarters.