Trumbull fire department's Fire Log - Aug. 4-10

Aug. 4-10

The fire departments responded to a total of 15 calls last week. These calls included the following: A request to assist EMS on the highway with a motor vehicle accident with injuries, a possible fire on top of a utility pole, a motor vehicle accident fluid spill, a carbon monoxide alarm activation with unknown symptoms, a mulch fire, a motor vehicle accident involving a light pole, and a motor vehicle accident rollover.

In addition there were eight fire alarms that turned out to be unintentional activations, and alarm malfunctions.

For information about the volunteer fire departments, visit each department’s website.

For information about becoming a volunteer, call 203-459-0159.

Long Hill Fire Department

At 21:46 hours on Aug. 6, the Long Hill Fire Department responded to a Magnolia Road residence for a reported mulch fire. The first arriving fire chief on scene confirmed there was a small mulch fire. Firefighters extinguished the fire and overhauled the area to ensure it was completely out. Crews checked the surrounding area for any signs of hot spots.

Upon completion of the extinguishment and overhaul of the mulch bed, crews were released from the scene to return to their quarters.

Nichols Fire Department

At 11:22 hours on Aug. 9, the Nichols Fire Department responded to Nichols Avenue for a reported fire on top of a utility pole. Firefighters arrived in the area and began to check the utility poles on that street for any signs of fire. Crews checked the area and found nothing. Firefighters reported back that the investigation came up negative and they placed the situation under control.

Crews then cleared the scene and were released to return back to their stations.

Trumbull Center 

Fire Department

At 15:42 on Aug. 10, the Trumbull Center Fire Department responded to Route 15 south bound, north of exit 48, to assist EMS at a motor vehicle accident with injuries. Firefighters were advised while en route to the scene that a tree had fallen down on a vehicle and had gone through the windshield. The first arriving fire chief on scene reported that police officers and EMS personnel were tending to the driver of the vehicle. After investigating the situation, it was then placed under control, releasing the fire units that responded to this call.

Firefighters returned back to their stations after clearing from the highway.