Stratford resident dies in Trumbull Starbucks from suspected heroin overdose

A 24-year-old Stratford man was pronounced dead at St. Vincent’s Hospital Wednesday, Jan. 6, after being found unconscious from a suspected heroin overdose in the bathroom at Starbucks on White Plains Road.

Trumbull police and Trumbull EMS responded to Starbucks on White Plains Road shortly after 2 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 6, in response to a report of an unconscious man in the restroom.

Police said the manager was approached by a friend of the victim who stated he had been in the bathroom for over a half hour.

According to a report, the manager opened the door to find the victim lying face down on the floor.

Attempts to resuscitate the victim were unsuccessful and he was later pronounced dead at St. Vincent’s Hospital.

Police Lt. Leonard Scinto said that evidence at the scene indicated the victim had used heroin. He added that police are continuing their investigation.