The Trumbull Police Department made the following arrests between Tuesday, Jan. 12 and Monday, Jan. 18:

Fake $100 bills, criminal impersonation

A Bronx, N.Y., woman was arrested on three counts of forgery in the first degree, interfering with the duty of an officer, criminal impersonation, larceny in the sixth degree, and one count of forgery in the third degree at the Trumbull Police Department at 6:23 p.m. Monday, Jan. 18.

Police said Keniyah Harris, 18, used a fake $100 bill to make a purchase at Yogibo in the Westfield Trumbull mall.

According to a report, she gave the bill to an employee at the store, who gave her $90.96 in change after the purchase was completed. The employee then felt the bill a second time and tested it with counterfeit marker, police said, before calling mall security.

Harris was found in possession of two additional fake $100 bills, which earned her the three counts of first-degree forgery.

When she was arrested at the mall, she gave police the wrong name and an incorrect date of birth. Subsequently, she was arrested under that name and processed at police headquarters.

The report said she called her father and left him a voicemail. He called the department back and told them he was looking for Harris, giving police officers her correct name and date of birth.

Police said she was charged with criminal impersonation, interference and one count of forgery in the third degree for giving the wrong name.

The report added that Harris had attempted to make a purchase with the fake bills at two other stores in the mall before the incident at Yogibo.

She failed to post a $5,000 bond, stayed overnight at headquarters and was scheduled to appear in court Monday, Jan. 25.

Shoplifter charged with making a false report

A Shelton woman was arrested for falsely reporting an incident in the second degree and giving a false statement to a police officer at the Trumbull Police Department around noon Friday, Jan. 15.

Police said Alicia Riggs, 37, came into police headquarters on Nov. 13, 2015, and told a police detective that she had been physically assaulted and that her daughter was verbally abused by a store security member at the Target inside Westfield Trumbull mall.

According to a report, the reported assault happened on Nov. 7, 2015 — the same day that Riggs was arrested by store security and Trumbull police for stealing $1,073 worth of goods from Target while shopping with her 5-year-old daughter.

Riggs admitted to police about being arrested for larceny before submitting her complaint. She reported to a detective that she left merchandise at a checkout register machine in order to check on her supposedly sick daughter.

The report said video surveillance shows that Riggs’ daughter was never sick and that store security never made physical contact with either the child or Riggs during the conflict.

The store’s footage of the incident shows the security guard speaking to Riggs after she walked through the doors with the stolen goods, police said.

The drastic difference in stories, and the video evidence to back up the store security team’s statements, were enough for police to get a warrant for Riggs.

She was picked up by the Shelton Police Department on Friday, Jan. 15, for an unrelated charge and was brought to Trumbull police headquarters on the warrant.

She was released with a promise to appear in court.

She is scheduled to appear in court Friday, Jan. 22.

 Motorcycle theft, crash

A Bridgeport woman was arrested for interfering with an officer and giving a false statement at the Trumbull Police Department at 8:30 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 16

Police said Yaritzabel Rodriguez, 33, helped assist a male suspected of stealing and crashing a motorcycle from a Red Fox Lane home on Nov. 4, 2015.

According to police, the suspect stole the vehicle and got into a one-car accident on Golden Hill Street.

A resident witnessed the accident and called it in to the police, reporting that the bike was left in the middle of the road and that the man who crashed it was picked up off the gravel and thrown into another vehicle by someone who was driving behind him when the incident happened.

Police said the complainant said he saw the suspect get picked up by a man.

An investigation led detectives to St. Vincent’s Hospital, where they were able to find a man who fit the description of the injuries they believed the burglar suffered during the accident.

Because the investigation remains open, police did not want to give away the identity of the suspect, who was being treated for severe leg and head injuries at the hospital that night.

They reviewed the video surveillance footage to see when he was dropped off, and an investigation led them to Rodriguez, whose vehicle was seen dropping off the suspect.

She told police she didn’t know the suspect and said she had found him when she was driving down Main Street in Bridgeport. She added in her statement to police that she drove him to the hospital and left him because she didn’t know him and he asked to be dropped off there.

According to a report, Rodriguez changed her story several times before it was revealed that she did know the suspect and that he worked with her husband.

An investigation revealed the man was dropped off at her house in Bridgeport and she drove him to the hospital from there.

She posted a $1,500 bond and was released with a promise to appear in court.

She is scheduled to appear in court Tuesday, Jan. 26.