A Bridgeport man was arrested for interfering with the duties of an officer in the woods near Prime One Eleven on Monroe Turnpike at 2:06 a.m. Saturday, June 18.

Police said Bryan Duarte-Cortez, 27, was reportedly severely intoxicated and refused to leave the bar, which caused the bartender to call 911.

According to a report, Duarte-Cortez was observed in the restaurant’s parking lot when police arrived on the scene before he fled on foot toward the Fitness Edge gym.

Police witnessed the suspect lose balance and fall onto the pavement in the gym’s parking lot. An officer told him to stay down but he got up and continued to run from the scene.

The report said Duarte-Cortez hopped over a fence and went to hide in the woods. He ignored several commands to come out of the brush, the report added, which forced officers into the area where they heard noise.

In the woods, police gave the suspect additional warnings to surrender and threatened to use a taser if he didn’t come out of hiding.

Eventually, the intoxicated man complied and was arrested for causing the chase.

The report said Duarte-Cortez told police he ran from them because he was scared and he panicked.

He was released and is scheduled to appear in court Monday, June 27.

Chef arrested for driving under the influence

Twenty minutes before arresting Duarte-Cortez in the woods outside of Prime One Eleven on June 18, Trumbull police stopped another Bridgeport man after he drove out of the Monroe Turnpike business without any headlights.

Police said Gonzalo Lopez, 39, had two beers in his possession and that both containers were opened.

After he failed a field sobriety test, he was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol, operating a vehicle without a license, failure to have headlights lit, and drinking while operating a vehicle.

According to a report, Lopez wasn’t able to speak English to the responding officer so a Spanish speaking member of the department had to be called to the scene to translate.

Lopez told police that he worked as a chef at Prime One Eleven and that he had two beers prior to driving his vehicle.

He was transported to police headquarters, where his blood alcohol concentration was reported at .19%. He changed his testimony and told police he had consumed four alcoholic beverages before driving.

Lopez was processed and released on a $500 bond and is scheduled to appear in court Monday, July 11.