A Monroe man was arrested on a pair of warrants — one for harassment in the second degree and another for stalking in the second degree — around 8 a.m. at the Trumbull Police Department Tuesday, April 12.

Police said Christopher Barocsi, 32, repeatedly contacted his ex-girlfriend through email and parked outside her Lindberg Drive home in November 2015 despite being warned legally that he shouldn’t have any contact with her.

According to a report, a harassment warrant was written for Barocsi at the time but it was never served because he was sent to a local hospital for mental evaluation after threatening to commit suicide.

On April 10, a dispatcher received a call about a suspicious car that was going around Bayberry Lane near Unity Park. The caller told police the vehicle was a silver Toyota Highlander, which officers observed exiting Unity Park minutes later.

An attempt to pull over the vehicle led to a high-speed chase down White Plains Road and into Bridgeport, the report said, where the suspect was able to get away.

Police said Barocsi struck a vehicle at an intersection in Bridgeport after the chase and that the victim of that minor accident saw his license plate and wrote it down.

The report of the vehicle and the plate number matched the Trumbull description, and police were able to put out a warrant to local law enforcement agencies.

Further investigation revealed that the ex-girlfriend had since moved from the Lindberg Drive home but that her father still lived there and had spotted the Toyota Highlander parked outside of his home several times this year.

Police tried contacting him on April 10 and April 11, but a call to his address in Monroe revealed that he no longer lived there and was suffering from a drug problem.

Barocsi was stopped in Newtown on April 12 and taken to Trumbull police headquarters, where he was served the warrant for stalking in the second degree, engaging in police pursuit, reckless driving, and operating a vehicle under a suspended license. He was also served the initial warrant from November 2015.

He was held on a $20,000 bond and taken to court the same day.