Greater Bridgeport St. Patrick's Day Parade is tomorrow
On Thursday, March 17, the Greater Bridgeport Saint Patrick’s Day Celebration Committee will be hosting its 34th annual Saint Patrick’s Day Parade. The parade will be led by 2016 Grand Marshal, Alanna Kabel of Bridgeport. The marchers will travel through downtown Bridgeport, beginning at Harbor Yard at noon, up Broad Street to Fairfield Avenue and return to Harbor Yard via Main Street.
The committee has planned an array of events to celebrate Saint Patrick’s Day.
- 8 a.m. Mass at Saint Augustine Cathedral celebrated by Most Reverend Frank Joseph Caggiano, S.T.D., D.D. Bishop of Bridgeport
- 9:15 a.m. Flag raising at City Hall with The Honorable Joseph P. Ganim, Mayor of Bridgeport
- 10 a.m. Grand Marshal’s Breakfast, Grand Ballroom, Bridgeport Holiday Inn
- Noon Parade Kick-off with 2016 Grand Marshal, Alanna Kabel
- 1:30 p.m. Post Parade Luncheon and Awards Ceremony, Grand Ballroom, Bridgeport Holiday Inn
Breakfast at 10 a.m. is $20; Lunch 1:30, classic corned beef and cabbage meal, $25. Music and Irish dancers to entertain at both meals
Reserved seating for tickets purchased prior to Thursday, March 10 only. Tickets purchased after March 11 will cost an additional $5 per meal. Seating is on a first come basis.
More information may be found at stpatricksdaybridgeport.com.