TMHD continues to provide flu clinics
The Trumbull Monroe Health District will continue to provide flu and pneumonia vaccinations. Anyone 6-months of age and older are encouraged to get vaccinated. TMHD has injectable vaccine for those 6-months and older. Flumist, the nasal spray, is available for those 2-years of age to 49 years of age without a history of wheezing or asthma.
Flumist covers four flu strains. Home visits can be made for those who are homebound. If you have vaccine questions, contact TMHD at 203-452-5195 and ask to speak to the public health nurse.
Proceeds received from the flu vaccination clinics help to offset cost and allow TMHD to provide quality programs and services to the community. Educational programs and screenings have been consistently added to our list of services.
Seasonal flu clinics are scheduled at the Trumbull Monroe Health District, 2 Corporate Drive, Trumbull for:
• Wednesday, Nov. 5, from 10:30 a.m. -12:30 p.m.
• Thursday, Nov. 6, from 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
• Wednesday, Nov. 12, from 4:30-6:30 p.m.
• Friday, Nov. 14, from 8:30-10:30 a.m.
• Wednesday, Nov. 19, from 2-4:00 p.m.
• Wednesday, Nov. 26, from 8:30-10:30 a.m.
There are no residency requirements and no appointments are necessary. The cost of the flu vaccines and FluMist is $30.00. Cash and check are accepted. TMHD accepts Aetna, Anthem, Cigna, ConnectiCare, and Medicare Part B. All insurance cards must be brought to the clinic for billing purposes, as well as a driver’s license (if you have one). Participants are responsible for the insurance deductible, at the time of vaccination. Residents who are unable to pay the vaccination fee should contact the Public Health Nurse at TMHD for assistance at 203-452-5195.
Also available at the flu clinics are pneumonia vaccinations. The pneumonia vaccine is recommended for:
• All adults 65 years of age and older
• Anyone 18 through 64 years of age who is a smoker, has asthma or has a condition that lowers the body’s resistance to infection. If you have questions regarding pneumonia vaccine, please contact the Health District.
The cost for the pneumonia vaccine is $60. Cash or checks are accepted. The pneumonia vaccination is covered by Aetna, Anthem, Cigna, ConnectiCare, and Medicare B. All co-pays and deductibles must be paid by the participant.
For more information on the flu clinics or vaccinations, contact TMHD at 203-452-5195.