Low-cost cholesterol screenings offered at Trumbull Monroe Health District
The Trumbull Monroe Health District (TMHD) will be offering low-cost cholesterol screenings in April and May. All clinics will take place at the TMHD offices, 2 Corporate Drive, Suite 116, Trumbull.
Fasting is required. The cost for the screening is $25, cash and check are accepted. Appointments are required.
Low-cost cholesterol screenings are scheduled for:
• Wednesday, April 23, 8:45-10:30 a.m.
• Thursday, April 24, 8:45-10:00 a.m.
• Wednesday, May 21, 8:45-10:30 a.m.
• Thursday, May 22, 8:45-10:30 a.m.
This simple blood test offered at TMHD will provide you with your cholesterol levels within minutes. TMHD public health nurse will review the results and provide steps that you can take to prevent, or reduce, high cholesterol levels during the same appointment.
The lipid profile screening offered includes total, LDL and HDL cholesterol levels, blood sugar and triglyceride levels.
It is recommended that cholesterol levels should be checked at least once every five years for everyone over the age of 20.
You should consider having your cholesterol checked if you:
• Are a male, 45 years or older.
• Are a female, 55 years or older.
• Have a family history of early heart disease.
• Have a history of hypertension.
• Have a history of low HDL cholesterol (<40 mg/dl)
• Smoke or chew tobacco.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, call 203-452-5195.