Health district offers cholesterol screening - appointments required
The Trumbull Monroe Health District will be offering low-cost cholesterol screenings this fall and winter at the health district offices, 2 Corporate Drive, Suite 116, Trumbull. Fasting is required. The cost for the screening is $25; cash and check are accepted. Appointments are required.
Low-cost cholesterol screenings are scheduled for:
• Thursday, Aug. 29, from 8:30 a.m. — 10:30 a.m.
• Thursday, Sept. 26, from 8:30 a.m. — 10:30 a.m.
• Thursday, Oct. 24, from 8:30 a.m. — 10:30 a.m.
• Thursday, Nov. 21, from 8:30 a.m. — 10:30 a.m.
• Thursday, Dec. 19, from 8:30 a.m. — 10:30 a.m.
The lipid profile screening offered includes total, LDL and HDL cholesterol levels, the ratio of total cholesterol to HDL, blood sugar, and triglyceride levels. A ten-year risk analysis for developing coronary heart disease will be also given. You will receive results within 20 minutes and be provided with one-on-one counseling from the public health nurse.
More info, appointments: Health district office, 203-452-5195, Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. or tmhd.org.