Free college financial planning workshop Sept. 23
Parents, is your student heading to college soon? Join us for a free educational college financial planning workshop that will focus on high school freshman, sophomores, juniors and seniors on Wednesday, Sept. 23, from 6:30-7:30 p.m., Trumbull Library in the Kiwanis Room, 33 Quality St.
They will discuss the FAFSA form and all the other information you need to understand in order to maximize the amount of financial aid you are eligible to receive!
Even if your family is not eligible for need-based aid, we will cover the best strategies on how to pay for college in the most cost efficient basis without it putting a strain on the rest of your finances.
In this workshop you will learn:
• What to do right now if you haven’t saved enough for college
• The biggest mistakes parents can make that cause them to overpay for college…and how to avoid them
• How to pay for college without relying on 529 plans, expensive private student loans or raiding your retirement accounts
• How to pick colleges that will give you the best financial aid packages
• How to get ahead by developing a customized plan to meet all the college costs you will incur as a family
• How to lower you “out-of-pocket” costs and get the maximum amount of money from each school
And much more!
Due to the popularity of the free workshops, seats fill up quickly. Reservations are required. Register online now at: https://collegefundingtrumbull5.eventbrite.com.