College financial planning workshop Monday
Parents with students heading to college in the next couple of years are being asked to attend a free educational college financial planning workshop at the Trumbull Library's Kiwanis Room from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Monday, September 14, 2015
The workshop will focus on high school freshman, sophomores, juniors and seniors.
In addition, parents will learn about the FAFSA form and any other information needed to understand in order to maximize the amount of financial aid families are eligible to receive.
"Even if your family is not eligible for need-based aid, we will cover the best strategies on how to pay for college in the most cost efficient basis without it putting a strain on the rest of your finances," a press release said.
In this workshop, parents will learn:
• What to do right now if you haven’t saved enough for college
• The biggest mistakes parents can make that cause them to overpay for college…and how to avoid them
• How to pay for college without relying on 529 plans, expensive private student loans or raiding your retirement accounts
• How to pick colleges that will give you the best financial aid packages
• How to get ahead by developing a customized plan to meet all the college costs you will incur as a family
• How to lower you “out-of-pocket” costs and get the maximum amount of money from each school
Due to the popularity of our free workshops, seats fill up quickly. Reservations are required. Register online now at: https://collegefundingtrumbull2.eventbrite.com