Bridgeport Hospital hosts Dancing withe the Hospital Stars
The Bridgeport Hospital Auxiliary will host its annual spring gala, Dancing with the Hospital Stars #2, Thursday, May 5, at 6 p.m., at Brooklawn Country Club, Fairfield.
Inspired by the success of last year’s gala, during which auxiliary members and hospital staff paired with professional dancers in a dance contest, this year’s event will benefit:
- The purchase of a state-of-the-art Bravo gastroenterology device to help diagnose acid reflux disease
- Nursing scholarships and graduation awards to students of the Bridgeport Hospital School of Nursing
- The Dr. Tom Kennedy Toy Closet;
- A mobile gaming station used by child life specialists for children awaiting outpatient surgery
- A bilingual lactation consultant for the Women’s Care Center.
- Physical therapy equipment and training for Ahlbin Rehabilitation Centers staff
Dancers include Drs. Nicholas Bertini and Amarjit Lamba; nurses Lisa Grosso and Leslie Rivera; surgical technologist Debbie Montoya; and auxiliary member Kathleen Sauer. Each will be paired with a professional dancer from the Fred Astaire Dance Studio of Southport.
For ticket information, call 203-384-3331.