In this week's Times
Here are some of the stories and features in this week’s Times, out today:
• Trumbull Nature & Arts Center eyes new location. Town Council discusses future preservation of the current location.
• School board avoids staff layoffs as it works to balance budget.
• Jane Ryan School Nurse Joanne Sloan was named Connecticut School Nurse of the Year. Find out why.
• Police and Fire Logs
• Photos from the Green Ribbon Ride.
• A letter writer thanks all those who helped ‘Tidy Up Trumbull’ and another thinks recent concert attendance was “shameful.” Also in opinion in Joe Pisani’s column on Mother’s Day.
• Project Triumph receives blue ribbon.
• Community band and local students unite.
• School and campus news
• Julian Shively to perform in youth concert.
• Trumbull Community Television schedule.
• Blueweiss honored at opening day
• In Sports: Wolpiuk pitches St. Joseph to 1-0 victory over Trumbull, Streaking Eagles put best half together to defeat Cadets and more.
• See Spotlight, Library news, This Weekend and other listings for local events.
In this week’s Section B:
• Resident creates music from his local at-home recording studio.
• Did you ever want a backyard water garden? We offer some dos and don’ts.
• Area plant sales to help get your Mother’s Day gift.
• Getting rid of the “traditional toxins” with organic lawn care.
• Fairfield County Children’s Choir celebrates spring.
• “Comedy for a Cure” benefit in Trumbull.
• Guitar sounds in Milford.
• Spruce up your dish of peas, which vehicle is no longer an "ugly duckling," calendar of events and more.