In this week's Times
This week’s issue is out a day late, due to the holiday, but here is what you’ll find inside:
• It may be July, but talks about snow removal costs are heated. Herbst questions AFB’s handling of snow removal at the schools.
• Reading outreach program gets kudos from local officials.
• Veteran cop and Trumbull resident retires from Darien force.
• Health district gives residents some tips on limiting exposure to mosquitoes.
• Singing group bringing ‘harmony’ to council chambers.
• Trumbull named top booming suburb
• Police news
• Trumbull resident named among “Forty under 40”
• In Sports: Giants 10U rule Trumbull Little League
• School is out but we still have plenty of student news, including a Hillcrest honor roll, graduation photo from St. Catherine of Siena and more.
• Author looking for photos for new book project.
• Trumbull Animal Group says tag sale was a huge success.
• McAuley receives Governor’s Scholar Award
• Meet Jeter, our Adopt-A-Pet this week.
• Check out Spotlight and Library News for local events.
In this week’s Section B:
• Barnum Fest is 203.
• Museum to recall ‘Burning of Fairfield’
• Tammy Denease Richardson will portray Elizabeth Keckly in “A Letter to Frederick” at the Derby Historical Society’s 23rd Silver Tea.
• A summer recipe: Berry Good Party Parfait• A review of the 2013 Lexus LS 460, arts calendar and more.