In this week's Times
These are some of the stories and features you’ll see in this week’s Times, out today:
• A 108,000-square foot sports facility, with indoor fields, courts and a restaurant/pub, opening soon.
• Hear from Trumbull’s new Superintendent Gary Cialfi on what parents and students can expect this new school year.
• Golf classic raises $60,000.
• Steaks & Scotch come to the center.
• Homeowner says he lost sense of security the night a naked intruder attacked.
• Police and fire logs
• Opinion: A different side of Al Barbarotta; support candidates who want a better Trumbull; criticism of Mark’s record; response to a Post story.
• An airtight case for Whitehead? Historian lays out evidence of first flight in Connecticut.
• Upcoming event will aid woman battling rare disease.
• Parent group gives out ‘Above and Beyond’ awards.
• Gymnast looks ahead to nationals
• Junior golfers excel at tournament.
• Photo: Trumbull Youth in Seussical.
• Marching band begins door-to-door campaign
• Trumbull Community Television schedule
• The latest calendar of upcoming town events.
In this week’s Section B:
• Doctors join with NFL players to help empower men with obesity
• Why spray for ticks in the summer?
• Scenic bike ride in Milford benefits mental health
• Victorian tea on Aug. 24 at the Kellogg Estate
• Do you have an ugly tomato?
• Lee Daniels’ The Butler: Meaningful, Significant History Lesson
• 2013 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X
• Arts calendar and more