Throughout the month of May, the HAN Network and Silver Hill Hospital in New Canaan are working together to raise awareness and encourage a conversation about mental health issues.
May is Mental Health Awareness Month, and HAN Network’s broadcasting division will feature interviews with medical professionals at Silver Hill throughout the month. The interviews provide information from experts on a number of topics, including addiction, body image, heroin in the suburbs, seeking help for teens, and options for chronic pain treatment.
The interviews will play every Wednesday in May on Coffee Break, a weekday news show that airs at 11 a.m. An interview will also be featured on CT Pulse, a Connecticut politics and news show that airs Wednesdays at 12:30. You can watch online at http://han.network and on all HAN’s community newspaper websites.
The HAN Network and Silver Hill Hospital Mental Health Awareness Month broadcast schedule includes:
- Wednesday, May 4, on Coffee Break at 11: “Why Are Some People Predisposed to Addiction?” with Physician-in-Chief Dr. Eric Collins.
- Wednesday, May 4, on CT Pulse at 12:30: “Body Image and Eating Disorders in the Social Media Age” with Dr. Erin Kleifield, director of the Eating Disorders Program.
- Wednesday, May 11, on Coffee Break at 11: “Heroin in the Suburbs” with Dr. John Douglas, clinical director of the Outpatient Addiction Program.
- Wednesday, May 18, on Coffee Break at 11: “When Is It Time to Seek Professional Help for Your Teen?” with Dr. Aaron Krasner, Adolescent Transitional Living service chief.
- Wednesday, May 25, on Coffee Break at 11: “Treatment Options for Chronic Pain” with Dr. Seddon Savage, medical director of the Chronic Pain and Recovery Center.
If you miss an interview, watch it on demand at http://han.network.
Founded in 1931, Silver Hill Hospital is a not-for-profit psychiatric hospital in New Canaan. Silver Hill treats more than 3,000 patients each year, providing treatment for psychiatric disorders that include addiction, eating and bipolar disorders, depression, and schizophrenia. Silver Hill Hospital is an academic affiliate of the Yale University School of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry. Find out more at SilverHillHospital.org.
The HAN Network, formerly known as Hersam Acorn Newspapers, is the exclusive FCIAC broadcast partner through the spring of 2018. HAN Network’s broadcasting division replaced HANRadio.com with a new focus on live video streams of high school athletics along with the network’s news and lifestyle programming.