The CIAC Board of Control voted in a meeting Wednesday afternoon to accept a self-report from Berlin High School for violations of CIAC rules by its football program.
The self-report, which was aided by an independent investigation, was for use of ineligible players and recruitment.
Per CIAC by-laws the following sanctions were approved by the Board of Control and accepted by the school.
• Forfeiture of all football victories this season in which any ineligible player participated.
• Prohibition from CIAC Championship competition for the football program for the 2015 season.
• Probation for one year for the football program (CIAC probation is defined as a period of trial during which the school is monitored to determine compliance with requirements of CIAC regulations.
• The school is fined $4,000 ($1,000 for each ineligible player).
• The ineligible athletes will be permanently ineligible to participate in athletic competition if they remain at Berlin high school.
• If the ineligible students transfer to another CIAC member school they will be ineligible to participate in athletic competition for the remainder of the 2015-16 school year and 50% of the 2016 fall season.